This soup is so quick and easy, it can be done as a weeknight dinner.
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 Leek, finely sliced
- 1 Brown Onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves of Garlic, crushed
- 3 Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 litre of premade Vegetable Stock (i use Vegeta Powdered Stock)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook onion until soft and translucent (without colouring), stirring regularly to prevent sticking.
- Add sliced leek to pan and cook until softened, approximately 5mins. Stirring regularly.
- Add crushed garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Add stock to saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Increase heat, add diced potato and allow to boil until potato has softened.
- Remove soup from heat and allow time to cool slightly.
- Blend until smooth.
If your soup is too thin, return it to the stove with more diced potato. Boil again until potato is cooked. Blend again until smooth.
If your soup is too thick, thin it down with extra stock, water or cream.