The only way to cook Fried Rice is with cold cooked rice. This is a perfect way of using up any leftover rice from dinner the night before.
- 2 cups Cold cooked rice
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 Onion, diced
- Leftover meat pieces ie cooked chicken, roast pork, bacon pieces or prawns
- Mixed vegetables ie grated carrot, peas, corn, diced capsicum
- 1 Tbsp Ketchup Manis (Sweet Soy Sauce)
- Heat half the oil in a wok or deep fry pan.
- Pour egg into pan and swirl pan to spread egg into an omelette. Remove from pan when set. Chop into pieces.
- Heat the remaining oil, cook onion until soft.
- Add remaining vegetables and cook through.
- Add meat, cooked rice and soy sauce. Mix through vegetables until hot and evenly distributed.
- Garnish with egg pieces.