I decided to add this super simple Honey Soy Chicken to my childcare menu and it was a hit. I can never make enough! I love it as it is cheap and simple to make with only a few ingredients. There are no packet additives also.
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp Ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup (65ml) Chicken Stock
- 1/2 kg Chicken of your choice (Breast, Thigh, Wings etc.)
- Cornflour paste (optional)
- Combine soy sauce, honey, ginger and garlic in a non metallic bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare chicken depending on your choice of cut. I use breast and thinly slice whilst wings are best portioned into wingettes for little people.
- Place chicken into sauce mix to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil in a frypan. Add chicken to pan and seal on each side. Add stock, stirring to lift pan sediment and create sauce. Add cornflour paste to thicken if desired. Simmer until chicken is cooked through.
This recipe is easily adapted with many options. Serve with noodles, rice or stirfried vegetables. Use the meat in a Vietnamese Meat Roll or skewer with vegetables for tasty shaslicks.