This is one way of using leftover Roast Lamb. If you don’t have leftover roast lamb use quality raw meat such as lamb fillet, loin chops or leg which the meat has been cut from the bone first. Simply cook it longer at the frying stage.
- Leftover Roast Lamb or 1kg of sliced raw Lamb
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, plus a little extra for frying
- Zest and juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Oregano, finely diced
- Homemade Garlic Sauce
- Salad items: Tomato, Onion, Lettuce sliced
- Pita Bread
I use fresh herbs for this recipe as I have them growing in my garden. You can however use dried herbs but I find they can be rather woody in texture. If you don’t grow your own Rosemary, wander your local neighbourhood. It grows like a weed and can be found commonly in council verges, supermarket car parks and on all war memorials. You wont need to look far to find in Australia.
- Remove the meat from the bone and slice into smaller pieces.
- Marinate the meat in the combined oil, zest, juice, garlic, and herbs.
- If making Garlic Sauce, do so now whilst meat is marinating.
- Add a dash of oil to a hot fry pan.
- Add meat and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat until the meat is warmed through and the garlic is cooked. If using raw meat, cook longer until cooked through.
- Remove meat from the pan, keeping warm. Wipe out fry pan with paper towel and return to the heat.
- Quickly warm pitas in frypan over low heat.
- Place meat, garlic sauce and salad items down the middle of the pita. Roll up and eat.