This is an easy Sweet & Sour Pork recipe. I use Pork Fillet as it is tender and cooks quickly, great for little people and on the table fairly quickly. We serve this with steamed rice and vegetables on the side. The pork can also be stir fried with vegetables to bulk it up and make the meat go further. You could even make this recipe with Chicken or just vegetables for a Vegetarian option.
- 500gm Pork (Sliced Fillet, Cubed Shoulder or Leg)
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Cornflour
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 quantity of Sweet & Sour Sauce (see separate recipe)
- Place cut meat and soy sauce into a bowl. Set aside whilst making sauce.
- Make Sweet & Sour Sauce as per recipe.
- Place cornflour into Soy Pork mixture. Mix to combine. The cornflour will help create a batter.
- Heat oil to 180c in a large saucepan. If you don’t have a thermometer, place the end of a clean wooden spoon into the oil. Small bubbles will begin to form when the oil is hot enough.
- Fry meat in batches, draining on a rack over absorbent paper.
- Top with sauce.