Vietnamese or Banh Mi Rolls are gaining huge popularity around Adelaide but you can simply make your own at home. Traditionally made with Pork, I will use any leftover roast meat we have on hand. Pork, Turkey or Chicken will all provide the same tasty results. These rolls are light, tasty and quick.
- Leftover Roast Meat such as Pork, Chicken or Turkey cut into chunks
- Bread Rolls (I use Vietnamese Rolls because they are light and crunchy)
- Kimchi Vegetables or combination of Grated Carrot, Cucumber Batons and sliced Red Onion
- Fresh Coriander & Mint
- 1 Tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Splash of Oil
- Heat oil in a frypan over medium heat.
- Add meat to frypan and heat through.
- Drizzle meat with Sweet Chilli Sauce and fry quickly to caramelise. Don’t fry too long as the sugar in the sauce will burn.
- Cut open roll and spread with mayonnaise.
- Fill with Sweet Chilli Meat.
- Top with vegetables.
- Garnish with Coriander and Mint
NOTE: The pictured roll was made using leftover turkey. My KimChi contained carrot, cucumber, red onion, cabbage and bean shoots.